VERY GOOD congratulations !

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:28 PM
This covers an important missing feature in MOSS => View all rights for a specific user.

Is it possible to make an extension ?
When I print the results the colors are not printed. A Print function would be helpful.

Thanks
Patrick
Feb 27, 2008 at 9:03 AM
What bout an export to Excel "option" ... or view in Datasheet etc...
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for your useful comments. I've created a work item here in regards to the colors not printing: http://www.codeplex.com/AccessChecker/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=1451

And will address this issue in v1.1.0 release.

Thanks,
Tom.
Apr 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Hi Tom,

What bout an export to Excel "option" ... or view in Datasheet etc...

Regards
Patrick
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Hi Patrick,
Sorry for not getting back to you on this. An export option would be nice. I'm not sure of the approach at the moment but when i get some time i will look into this request.

Tom.
Apr 22, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Hi Tom,

The reason for this export in excel or view in datasheet::

it gives the administrator the possibility to create a report and send it to the management for review e.g. when some people move dept etc..

Thanks
Patrick
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM
This functionality would also be useful for auditing permissions on sites.

I've been thinking about how i would implement this idea. A Datasheet view wouldn't work well because of the hierarchical structure of the data. I suppose you could nest sub sites in folders, but that doesn't export to excel nicely at all.

Speaking of Excel, i'm having reservations in limiting the report to be viewable in Excel only. Not to mention there are a couple of methods to generate an Excel file depending on what version i code against. Does anyone have any ideas on a preferable approach?
Should i just export the data as xml and provide a simple xslt file to transform it to html/text/csv ?

Tom.