Don`t find after successfull Installation

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:15 AM
Hello, I`m a German User and I find Your Tool by Searching the German SharePoint Community Group.
I think it`s a tool which we have missed a lot. So thanks to bring it to the codeplex Site.
After Installing the Tool with successfull Messagebox it was in the Feature List.
I enabled the Featur but when I tried to Access the tool but I did`nt find it.
Your Hardcopy shows it in the Site Settings.
Must there a new Point ?
I don`t found it in the List, Action Menü or else.
Does somthing miss because it is a German Website Collection ?
Could you Post a Hardcopy where you start the Tool ?
Thank you for Your help! Christian Mueller.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM
Hi Christian,
For the links to appear on the Site Settings page you need to:
1) Activate the Web Application level feature. This is enabled through central administration. Make sure that you have activated it on the Web Application that you are using.
2) Be a Site Administrator.

P.S. In regards to point 2, this will be changed in the next release.
Apr 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Hi Tom,
thanks a lot.
It works fine.
Apr 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Hello Tom, Christian,
i have also installed your Tool. After i have installed them i cant see that under Operations -> Solutions -> The tool is installed under the different sites.

After that i go in the central administration to Websitesettings -> Web Application level feature and activate the Access Checker Web Part there.
Then i go to my Portal Site -> Websitesettings -> Web Application level feature and activate the Access Checker Web Part.
After that, i have done this, i cant see no entries under the WebSitesettings where i can search for the access!

thanks for your help,
Horst
Apr 29, 2008 at 9:09 AM
Hello,

Sorry, i have found the feature, where it doesn't was activate-> under central administration -> manage applications -> manage webapplication features, in this entry, it doesn't was activate.

Thanks, great tool!

Mfg Horst