LogFile being used by another process

Sep 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Hello,

we face a funny problem. When I try to check the access rights for a account on our pages (different web application, several site collections) following error screen appear:

The "AccessCheckerWebPart" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\AccessCheckerWebPart\1.0.0.0__943c90ea94e8d758\LogFile_20090914_124754.log' because it is being used by another process.

I already unsinstalled the Tool / reboot the server and check all (known to me) settings for the webpart on my site. Install the Access Checker again and run into the same problem.

Any Idea / Help would be wonderful!

with best regards

Ferdi

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Sorry. Here the complete error message:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\AccessCheckerWebPart\1.0.0.0__943c90ea94e8d758\LogFile_20090914_130721.log' because it is being used by another process.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\AccessCheckerWebPart\1.0.0.0__943c90ea94e8d758\LogFile_20090914_130721.log' because it is being used by another process.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\AccessCheckerWebPart\1.0.0.0__943c90ea94e8d758\LogFile_20090914_130721.log' because it is being used by another process.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +7714720
   System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +1162
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) +65
   arb.Generic.SharedLibrary.exceptionHandling.GenericExceptionHandler.setupLogFile() +199
   TomShirley.WebParts.AccessChecker.AccessCheckerWebPart.LogError(String message) +60
   TomShirley.WebParts.AccessChecker.AccessCheckerWebPart.ElevatedLogError() +35
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state) +70
   Microsoft.SharePoint.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() +392
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +152
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) +345
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) +86
   TomShirley.WebParts.AccessChecker.AccessCheckerWebPart.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +565
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChrome.RenderPartContents(HtmlTextWriter output, WebPart part) +66

[WebPartException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\AccessCheckerWebPart\1.0.0.0__943c90ea94e8d758\LogFile_20090914_130721.log' because it is being used by another process.]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChrome.RenderPartContents(HtmlTextWriter output, WebPart part) +140
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChrome.RenderWebPart(HtmlTextWriter output, WebPart part) +63
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.RenderZoneCell(HtmlTextWriter output, Boolean bMoreParts, WebPart part) +144
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.RenderWebParts(HtmlTextWriter output, ArrayList webParts) +495
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +902
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +163
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +51
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266
Sep 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM

No one with an Idea for me? I am the only one with this problem?

with best regards

Ferdi

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I'm also having the problem.  I just noticed it today.  I've used AccessChecker in the past with out any issues.

I'm running WSS 3.0 with Search Server 2008 Express.  I just installed WSS SP2 and Office Servers SP2, plus the August cumulative updates last weekend. 

Maybe an incompatibility with the service packs?

View Permission Inheritance works OK.  Check User Access 'GET's OK; the error happens on postback. 

The first error I received was just a 403 unauthorized.  I used trace to determine what file/folder it needed access to, gave WSS_WPG write permissions, and got the same error as posted above.

May 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Have the same problem since appied the newest updates (SP2 + cumulative updates). I wonder what causes this. Anyone discovered how to resolve this?